Friday, January 29, 2010

Road Photo Friday: Assman Implement

In these cold winter months, I've spent many long evenings going through my thousands of photos -- categorizing, cleaning up, and deleting a ton of shots.  I've been struck though by the number of weird, funny, or interesting photos that I've taken over the years that deserve a small bit of attention (which is all they'll ever get on this blog).  So beginning today, I'm starting a Road Photo Friday feature, which is pretty much self-explanatory.  They won't all be pictures of mine (though most will); some will be single shots and others will be series, but I'll try to always keep it interesting.  So without further ado...

I took this one up near Mission, South Dakota several years ago on a combo pheasant/sharptail/chicken hunt on the Rosebud Indian Reservation.  I drove by it, did a doubletake, turned around, pulled over, and snapped this photo from the side of Highway 18.  When you plaster your unfortunate last name across a building, you're either very aware of the irony, or totally oblivious to it.  My guess is the latter.  If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see the old codgers peering out the window, gripping coffee mugs, apparently wondering why anyone would want to take a photo of their shop.  Even better?  Their website: "please check out our excellent selection of used equipment!"

I shit you not, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment