- Eat food that we've shot, caught, or grown -- three meals a day for a week.
- If using food/ingredients that do not fall under rule #1, eat foods produced locally/regionally.
- If using food/ingredients that do not fall under rules #1 or #2, they should be as close to their raw, unprocessed state as possible.
Tonight's menu (decidedly and uncharacteristically vegetarian):
- Grilled pizzas with fresh mozzarella and homegrown garden vegetables (sauteed eggplant, carmelized onion, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil.
- Garden fresh gazpacho, using Jose Andres' spectacular recipe.
- For dessert, the beautiful Mrs. S. baked a bing cherry pie. Not local, but from fresh cherries and a homemade crust.
Folks, until you get to read about what I shoot, you get to learn about what I cook. Such is life in August in the Midwest.
That is all.