Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm Back...

My sincerest apologies for dropping off the face of the earth.

It wasn't really planned, and I don't really have an excuse.  I wasn't despondent over the Husker loss (disappointed though), I didn't come down with some terminal disease (that I know of), and I didn't have some terrible accident.  I just unplugged.

Yeah, I honest-to-God haven't logged into my blog (or read any other blog) since the day I wrote my last post, almost a month to the day.  While I've missed reading everyone else, it's been a nice break.  I never wanted this blog thing to be a chore, and it was starting to feel that way.  So I took an unpaid sabbatical.

During that time, I've logged over 6,000 road miles while hunting in three states (shooting deer, quail, and pheasants), said goodbye to my wife's dear 98 year old grandmother, and enjoyed the Christmas holiday with my wife and kids.  It's been a busy month!

This morning finds me in the Texas Hill Country with my children, visiting my parents.  Mrs. Scampwalker will join us tomorrow, along with NotHemingway and his growing family.  It's shaping up to be a great week.

Today, I will take my son Jack deer hunting for a fat whitetail doe.  Expect a post in the near future on that one.

So yeah, I'm back.  Thanks to those of you who wondered, or maybe even missed me.  I missed the blogosphere.  A belated Merry Christmas, and an early Happy New Year.  I'll not be a stranger.

1 comment: