Friday, July 2, 2010

Road Photo Friday: Awesomest. Shower. Ever.

After an aborted fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico courtesy of Hurricane Alex, nothing feels better than a good hot shower.  All that sticky, salty, sand-filled air-and-water-mix that's blowing in your face at 40-plus mile-per-hour leaves you feeling pretty road hard and put away wet.

The folks at Galveston's Hotel Galvez understand that.  In addition to the traditional fully adjustable wall-mounted showerhead, there's a second pizza-sized sprinkler placed in the middle of the stall's ceiling.

The result is full frontal hot-water bliss.  Why don't more places do this?  And why the hell didn't I build one into my shower stall when I redid it a couple years back?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, man, that's a sweet shower. Love Galveston. Back in college a couple buddies and I took a road trip down there. We stayed in (and I still remember the name) the Beachfront Budget Motel. It had no shower like that, and even if it did, the roaches wouldn't have allowed us to use it...

    Later, when my wife and I got married, we had no money so our honeymoon was a 10-day road trip through Texas ande stayed three or four days in Galveston. Thankfully we didn't stay at the Beachfront Budget Motel, but the Flagship (did that survive the hurricane). Nice, but still no shower like that...

    ReplyDelete