Friday, May 29, 2009

Get Me Saint Patrick's Number!

Here's something you don't see every day. I had finished up some work on the laptop last night, and everyone else was already in bed fast asleep. I went to the kitchen to shut off the lights, and was startled out of my flip-flops by a sixteen-inch garter snake staring up at me from the linoleum floor.
We're having the exterior of Casa Scampwalker painted, and we discovered that about a dozen of the critters were taking up residence in our firewood that needed to be moved away from the house. So I'm guessing that's where they came from, but still... you really don't expect to see a snake making himself at home in your kitchen.
I tiptoed out to the garage without disturbing him (I didn't want him slithering down a floor vent), and pinned the little guy down with a broom. He was liberated to the neighbor's yard, but if he makes a return trip, he won't be so lucky.
Perhaps it's payback for this little episode:

2 comments:

  1. Good post and video! Your much more friendly to Rattle Snakes than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet I know which neighbor. Look at it this way, you won't have a mouse problem.

    ReplyDelete